Rome, Italy: Galleria Pieroni, 1981
158 pp., 20 cm x 12 cm., softcover
Edition of 100 signed and numbered copies [+APs]
Published by Galleria Pieroni, who exhibited the works on the walls in 1981, Eis (Ice) is an artist book containing photographs of Greenland that the artist took 9 years prior, in 1972. The covers are each unique, made with lacquer on card, and folded into a dust jacket (see image 4, above).
The book has been reprinted as a facsimile in 2016 by Salon Verlag, Cologne, Germany, in an edition of 350 (see below) and in 2011 was released as a more standard trade edition.
A full accounting of the edition, from the artists' website:
• 90 copies, signed in pencil, numbered on the first page.
• 10 copies, signed in pencil, numbered with Roman numerals on the first and last page.
• 16 artist's proofs, signed in pencil, marked on the first page: a.p.
• 1 artist's proof without inside flaps, signed in pencil, marked on the first and last page: a.p.
• 2 copies, unmarked.
• Unknown (low) number of copies with offset printed colour cover, unmarked.