Monday, November 4, 2013

Laurie Kang | 3 Circles





Laurie Kang
3 Circles
New York City, USA: Mossless
68 pp., 5.5 x 6.5", Japanese stab-bound.
Edition of 50

Released earlier this fall at the New York Art Book Fair, 3 Circles is being launched in Toronto this week at Art Metropole, Wednesday November 6th, the same night as Jim Verburg's new title (see below post).

"I’m interested in the sensitivity of the paper’s surface. The idea of flux embedded in the material, and the colours and textures revealed through my mis-use of it is a potent metaphor for many things. I don’t mean to solely address analog photography and I embrace all aspects of the medium in my overall practice. I’ll use what works best for the given project." - Laurie Kang, interviewed here.






No comments:

Post a Comment